Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good Kids


Kids are so funny. On Sunday I was on the computer and Gwyn was outside playing on the porch. She came in and said "Mom, you need to see my people…but don't get mad." My first thought was that she was super muddy, so I go out on the porch and there were her "people". They were so cute but they were also in marker on the cement. I bit my tongue and went and got Jon, (I wasn't sure if I should laugh or kick her butt) so Jon came back and we all had a good look/laugh at them. In the end we let Gwyn finish her picture which was of the family. You can see them above as Jon, Marley, Me, Daphne and last but not least Gwyn. We will just let Mother Nature run her course and see how the porch looks then. Honestly they are so "Gwyn" I hope they stay forever.

Later this week I was talking to Marley about Summer Break. I told her school would be ending soon and she would have 3 whole months before she went back. She then started to ask me something but stopped, when I looked at her she had big tears welling up and then she started to cry. I asked what was wrong and she said "I don't want to be out of school that long, I like it to much." I giggled proudly at my sweet studious little girl and thought, "Hmmm how long before that changes, I hope not for a long time." Later that night I told the story to Jon with Marley there and like clock work the tears started spilling when I mentioned Summer Break. She is every parent and educators dream.

5 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That is the cutest drawing ever and I only hope it lasts a long time so you can continue to enjoy her artwork!
Oh that is just too funny with Marley not wanting school to end, why can't this attitude last forever??? You obviously have a smart little girl who wants to keep learning all year round, watch out when she finds out there are schools that don't have summer breaks! :)

Christy said...

Sorry I am a blogger stalker.... blame this one on April W..... but I love her drawing it is so sweet. I think you might have a graphic artist on your hands. And I can totally see Marley falling apart over school. She is so sweet when I take her to school... you definitely have a keeper!

Ethington Family said...

Your blog is so cute and fun to read. It has been forever!! I love seeing how everyone is doing. I went back a couple months, the Halloween pictures are awesome! You are so dang cute and I can kindof picture you saying these things. Have a great one and keep in touch!
mary morley ethington

Kimberly said...

So here I am commenting on your blog, so that you can find mine. :)
Anyhoo, have a good one!

Kimberly

Noel said...

Hay. washable crayola? or permanent sharpies?? that could be downer if you ever need to sell your house? maybe rug on the steps?? she is adorable and that made me laugh. even with boys, they havent done that one. fraid they would die. you are a good sport!