Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To Embrace the Truth, Yeah Right!

So, each day before I go to bed I tell myself "Self, tomorrow I will do…(Insert Goal Here)." Then, at the close of day I look back and think, "Hmmm where did the day go and why didn't I (Insert Goal Here)?"

Well the truth be known, I keep waiting for the perfect time, a few minutes when; the kids won't need me, the phone won't ring, I won't have work to do, I'll be in the mood, ,… blah blah blah. the list goes on and on and on. Then 6 months go by and I'm in the exact same position I was in 6 months before, then the guilt monster rears its nasty head and takes a bite. I've learned this lesson a hundred times before but for some reason it never sinks in. THERE WILL NEVER BE A PERFECT TIME, for anything. So while I'm applying this self lecture to my lack of blogging, in reality it applies to every aspect of my life, I being one of the worlds biggest procrastinator. The Truth is there is NO perfect time, so just suck-it-up and do it now or the guilt monster will take another bite at you in six months.

Hmmm…I sure wish I knew the secret ingredient for remembering and applying the lessons I've learned. I think if I did I would probably have a constellation named after me, or perhaps some frightening bug from the Amazon. Now that would be an accomplishment.

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

Aren't we all exactly like that, isn't that why we set goals each January and then set the same goals the following January? LOL I love the picture of guilt monsters, I hate those guys!

I'm so glad you posted and now to go along with suckin it up and just doin it, you should post some pictures of your house, your cute family and whatever else!

We miss you guys and hope your doing well!
Jo Lynn